Total Pageviews

Labels

H4 to F1 Change of Status

Here I am sharing about my H4 to F1 Change of status experience.

I joined the Univeristy in Jan 2012 on H4 Visa and applied for F1 Visa in the month of April 2012 which was the last month of my first semester at college.
I didn't go to any attorney to apply for my change of status.
My university's Office of International Students coordinator helped me filing. She gave a list of documents required for change of status from H4 to F1 in the month of Feb 2012.
I took for me a month to collect all the needed documents and fill the application online and take photographs.

So i went to meet her in the first week of April 2012 with printed copies of my application form. She verified my details in the application form and all my required documents. Then i have posted those documents and a cheque together on that day evening to USCIS through USPS.

I receive my approval in 4 weeks.But my F1 effective date was given as August 5, 2012 which is a month earlier than my FALL Semester. My Fall semester started on Sep 5, 2012.
So i had to study on H4 visa in summer semester also until my F1 became active from August 5,2012.

Best thing was i was selected for a GA position at my university in the last week of April. and i explained my situation in the interview.And my supervisor waited until August for my F1 Visa effective active start date.
I joined in my position from once my F1 Visa became active.

I hope this helps my fellow buddies who are planning to apply for F1 visa and wish you all goof luck :)